Friday, December 28, 2007

Clothes Dryer Thoughts

I have too many thoughts to fit into one entry, I think. So, I'll have to split them up into a few over the next few days. Right now I am (was) trying unsuccessfully to sleep. But thoughts keep tumbling through my brain, all mixed up and spinning round and round, like watching the colors of your clothes in the dryer at the laundromat. I'm thinking about how quickly Christmas passed (oh, but how lovely it was after all) and what a fun party I just came home from. I though passingly about how I am looking forward to moving out, but then also reflected on what a marvelous family I manged to be landed with. I am still processing, in slow kind of shock that has been in the background of my evening, that Benazir Bhutto has been assassinated. I am wondering if ignoring awkward situations really is the best idea, (but I am too cowardly to do different, I think). I am also reflecting on how stupendous it is to wake up and have nothing you have to do that day. It feels refreshing for the moment.

These are all thoughts I would like to elaborate on at some point, but for now I would simply like to say that I hope you all had a beautiful, wonderful Christmas, and that the new year will find you well. Please try to relax, it's good for your health.

1 comment:

Bruce Johnson said...

Surprisingly, I think we all feel this way at this time of year. My thoughts are a jumble and I am trying to make sense of everything that happened in the last 12 months, what I failed to accomplish, and how much I have to do in the coming year. It is daunting.