Friday, August 15, 2008

Here I Am

Well, here I am. On campus, at school, moved out, moved in, and all that jazz.

I am trying to sort through the past few days. I'm having trouble because there is more than I feel able to process at this time. It is much easier just to go along and not think about it. I know I have to hit the highlights for all those who are waiting for some news of me, and my general well-being.

I am well. I love my room, have a very personable roommate, and a nice quiet hall (so far). I have had more orientation activities thrown at me than I know what to do with. So many things, so many issues, so many details to settle. It's nutty, I feel so overwhelmed with information. And people! Lordy Lou, I have met more people in the past few days than I know how to keep track of. I have already made some fast friends, (wonderful, wonderful people...). I love orientation weekend, though, because everywhere you go all you hear is, "Hi, what's your name? Where are you from? I'm so-and-so..." It's really beautiful and exciting.

Lastly, the view from my window is perfect. The campus is so beautiful and I can hardly believe that I am lucky enough to live somewhere so beautiful.

It still feels a little surreal to be here, and to be on my own. It feels so right, though. I feel as though I've stepped into the life I've been waiting for and that was waiting for me. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where I am supposed to be right now.

Now I can't wait for classes to start...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings on your new path...it sounds wonderful. Will be looking forward to your observations of your journey.

Chicago Ant - in Michigan with "lambs" aplenty.

Anonymous said...

ohh so, this reminds me.. we joked freshman year in the dorms that you have four chances to make a connection with a person, here goes:

1. whats your name?
2. whats your major?
3. what year are you?
4. where are you from?

and if you can't find something in common with those.. you're screwed!

haha, it's not all that bad.. but thought it was funny.

-cate