Sunday, May 16, 2010

Transitions: Take Two

Talk about transitions. I landed in the US about a week ago, barely escaping the second round of airport shutdowns in Europe thanks to the ash cloud. I spent 10 hours on a plane and then spent the night in Philadelphia before getting up to fly home, but I made it back. It was worth the extra week I spent there with my grandmother. I had a week at home to get over my jet lag, and now I am back at school for summer classes and job. It all starts tomorrow at 8am.

I don't know what to say. I've actually been avoiding my blog because I'm too overwhelmed to write, and there are some things I just can't write about here. I am trying to keep calm and carry on, to know that I can handle the next few weeks, that I can do anything. I can handle these classes, I've done it before. I can handle a new job, because this time I'm not even dealing with cultural differences. I can handle another four weeks of separation from my beloved, we've done that before too.

I will say this: as disoriented as I feel right now, it is good to be back at my familiar little college. I missed it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I believe in you, my friend! You can do it! I'll be here for you if you need to talk (or drink since I'll be 21 soon, haha). I miss you dearly! You are a strong woman. You can do this.