Friday, November 16, 2007

Please Disregard Everything I Have Just Said

Every time I get over some lingering illness and finally feel healthy again, I am astonished at how much energy I have and how much easier everything becomes. I think to myself: Wow, this feels amazing, is this how I was before? Life is so much nicer when you aren't tired all the time.

Today was like that. I am brave and energetic and upbeat once again. I have my car back (oh sweet relief). I also just put another pay-check in the bank. That feels good too.

However, I also did something today that totally invalidated some of my earlier statements. I called someone I was supposedly getting over. And it's funny how happy it made me.

The mind is strong but the heart is weak.
Which will win? I think I know.

Now I am engaging in my usual pre-math homework procrastination. I need to get to it, though, so that I can get to catching up on my wordcount. It seems NaNo is turning into a constant game of catch up. I can't help that ever since the month started I've been in some kind of astrological strike zone where everything goes wrong. But I still hold out a slim determination to finish. Cars, and school, and work, and boys I DON'T CARE. I will write this novel.

I also want to mention that I love Fall. It is stunning outside right now. I love the leaves changing color, and I love the sharp chill in the air after that long, muggy summer. I love drinking hot tea early in the morning, and I love baking in the cool weather and having the oven heat up the whole kitchen with good smells... You know Thanksgiving is coming? I can't wait. I am going to make so many pies. It's going to be wonderful.

What are you doing for the holiday?

No comments: