Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back In Black (sort of)

So, I am back. It feels a little strange to settle back in... the campus feels so familiar and so new at the same time. I can hear people moving in the hallway, and there is a faint strain of piano coming from the lounge downstairs. I can name a few people who might be down there, striking away at the old thing. It is very interesting to come back and see all the familiar faces after a month home on the farm. I am oddly lonely, as my roommate is not back yet. End of last semester, all I could think about was being alone. Now this room feels too quiet. I am even considering turning on the TV for company. I am going to try and enjoy my homework-free evening for the next, oh, four months or so. Now that I am finally here, though, I am raring to go. I am so excited about my classes this semester. There is a kind of expectancy in the air, we are all waiting for things to get rolling. I, for one, have a very good feeling about the next few months. Very good.

A feeling I will try to hold onto when I get up for my early class tomorrow morning...

1 comment:

Bruce Johnson said...

This post strikes an old chord, of memories of the dorms of college and how they can be a home and yet be strangely alienating. They are tempoary, like the forge of life, where you are molded into something that you aspire to. They are not permenant, but while there, the memories, worries, loneliness, hope, joy and saddness are etched deep into our souls.