Monday, December 14, 2009

Urg

I hate packing up my room so much. Packing to go on a trip is nice. Packing up your stuff so that you can deposit it in a storage unit for four months... not so nice.

I do not feel as emotionally overwhelmed as I have in the past. I'm looking forward to a lot of things. But the logistical difficulties of having my room in a state of chaos is so hard: wondering what should go where, and if I've covered everything, and which dishes were mine exactly? ...Uh, well, it's not fun. I am contemplating sleep so that I can do well during my final tomorrow, but the idea of sleeping in the middle of this mess is distressing to me. I am tempted to call my boyfriend for the third time today, just to have someone talk me down from my crazy-ness.

I always start listening to really angsty rock music during this time of the semester. Only the past few days have been odd because I've been switching between Bing Crosby and Weezer.

Oh I don't know what the point of this post is. I hate pointless posts too, but I don't know what else to do with myself right now. Please tell me packing makes you crazy too. Packing and finals. Urg.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Lord yes, packing drives me mad.
And I like that sleeping in a messy room is distressing to you. It's so very very you.
I wouldn't be sure how to go about talking you down from the heights of insanity (though I go there quite often, myself), but I'm always here if you don't want to pester the boy yet again.
But Bing Crosby? Stop that, you're making me want to watch White Christmas. Gotta love his voice. And Danny Kay. Glorious.
Oh and finals. I AM crazy.
Speaking of, I need to attempt to do calculus so I don't completely bomb the final and thereby the class.
Oh, and I finished my other geology paper. I'll send both your way after finals have ceased ruling my life. And after going to a gradeschool reunion. Heh, sounds so odd, but it's the only school I ever went to besides colleges.
Yeah, shutting up.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Packing is not the most exciting and uplifting activity. Packing and finals...the end of the semester is hard enough without them. Urg.

Love you.
-Vash

FruitJoJo said...

Hey Ivy, this is JoJo next door. I linked to your blog from Meredith's. I like the picture of your blog. Have fun in London!
-JoJo

Anonymous said...

I think that chaos makes you crazy. In the midst of finals, there are so many things to study and all on top of that, your room is a mess. I would say leave and try to focus in a spacious place. Good luck! :)