Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stand By Me

It really is nice, amidst worries about final projects and academic performance, to be reminded that you are a person outside of all those things. Today was full of worry and stress about school and deadlines. But tonight I was reminded that I am not defined by those things.

Tonight I was forcefully reminded of what it means to stick by someone. To be there with a sympathetic ear and a level head (as much as you can, anyway) ... every so often you get to see the result; the beautiful culmination of overcoming struggle and making it beautiful. That is something. It feels good to be proud, to be there in the audience thinking, "they made it!" So many people in my life have done that for me. It feels good to turn around and pass it on.

So. I am surviving. And I am so, so excited for London. Really, I can't tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about London too....my France trip was cancelled due to not enough people so.....I am working visiting you in London over Easter Break. Brian is going to Moscow ~ not sure where that leaves the rest of us, but I am sending visions of England to the universe. We shall see..... :)

Chicago Ant...there must be ants in London?!

Ivy said...

moscow! my goodness... what an adventure.

i do very much hope the universe grants your wish. we would have a fine time.