Sunday, March 28, 2010

Four Weeks

Four weeks. I have four weeks, just about to the day, left in my program. I cannot quite believe it, and I can feel the pain and confusion of transitioning creeping back up on me. I am happy and grateful that I have five days in Germany with my boyfriend, and then another week in Paris and London with my grandma to help ease out of living in Europe for almost four months.

All the same I get anxious when I think about the end of my program, because it is the beginning of the end, and the beginning of something else all at the same time. I am going to miss London, and yet I am so excited to get back to all that is waiting for me at home. Transition times also make me think about graduation, and getting a job, and deciding where to go to grad school and that terrifies me a little bit still. Even though I am even more sure now that I will be ready for it when it comes.


I am still trying to make the most out of things. Yesterday I went to the Camden market, and it was overwhelming and wonderful.


I ate perogies. They were tasty.


Then last night I sat outside and smoked hookah and drank sangria and talked for hours about life, and relationships, and London with some of my girlfriends. It was an appropriate end to the day.

Now, I will have frozen pizza for dinner because the city has shut down all the water on our block.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I like your night last night. The hookah and conversation, I mean. I want one of those.