Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh my

My goodness... am I down to two weeks now?

My blogging has been non-existent because life has been so jam-packed full of work, and school, and play, and company, and living. I also have not wanted to examine my feelings all to closely. It's easier to keep moving.

The next few weeks are going to be hard. I have two papers to write this weekend, and so much more after that. Life is good though. I have my aunt here to visit me (the chicago ant) and it has been divine. We have dined well, been to the theater (Private Lives, with Kim Cattrall and Matthew Macfayden), and wandered endlessly through the streets of London. It is so nice to have the perspective of someone who has taken a very twisted, yet delightful path through life. It gives me a renewed sense of faith, the feeling that everything will fall into place, even if it doesn't fall in according to my plan. Proof: I now have a job lined up for summer that I didn't think I was going to get.

It is hard to envision leaving this city. I will miss it, and yet I can't wait to be done... I can't wait to go to Germany and see my beloved, can't wait to bomb around London and Paris with my grandma, can't wait for summer classes and work... it's all very mixing and difficult, but at this moment I feel calm and very happy. Perhaps partly because it's Friday as well, but there you go.

P.S. I went to Oxford last weekend... it was sublime, a true pilgrimage.


(The Inklings pub)

(Christ Church College)

(Christ Church Meadow)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy at this moment! I'm excited that you're having a good time. Keep calm and carry on. ;)Love you!!!