Saturday, April 17, 2010

Countdown

The countdown continues. I've got about a week left until I fly for Germany. At least, if this volcanic ash doesn't interfere with my plans. We'll see. I am hopeful that by the time I need to fly, everything will have cleared up.

I shouldn't really be blogging. I should be writing my 3,000 word internship report, putting together a presentation to go with it, and finishing my short story. Then I have to study for a final exam.

Sigh.

Sadly, this internship report is dead boring. On the other hand, I'm having serious doubts about the quality of my fiction. Fortunately, I have stocks of tea and biscuits to help me through these troubling times. I have decided that I am going to eat as much as I want of the foods I'll miss when I go back home.

It's not really surprising, but it does seem that as soon as I have become comfortable in London and at my internship it is time to leave. I will miss this city. I will miss the people, miss the lifestyle and the energy. On the other hand, I won't miss living with 20 other people in one tiny flat. It's getting harder and harder to stay focused on the present with so much travel and transition in front of me. But. These papers won't right themselves. I'll try to write more later when I don't have them hanging over me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tea and biscuits....the underpinnings of "keep calm and carry on" ~ soak up the final days.

Chicago Ant