Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fret and Wonder

Well, so far the whole "staying calm" when thinking about the future is tricky business. One step forward, one step back. I simply don't care for these in-between times when I think a lot about the future, but can't really take any meaningful steps forward yet. I know that things must happen in their own time, but I want to get down to it. Otherwise I fret and wonder. Deep down, I know that I am capable of managing life post-Guilford. But oh, these big transitions are dizzying and unsettling to think about. My worries cycle through a few different topics. Right now, money (or lack thereof) is on my mind.

Perhaps everything seems worse right now because I am tired, and because I am trying desperately to read "House of Leaves" but its making my eyes and my head hurt. Even doing laundry isn't making me feel more settled.

I have made a step forward on the exercise front. I have acquired some work out DVDs... this is positive because I can never get the gumption to actually go to the gym every day. If I don't have to leave my room, I think I'll do much better.

I've also acquired some lovely new recipes, thanks to my Ant Deeda. I will never make macaroni and cheese without a bread and molasses topping ever again. I'm glad to have some tasty dinners to share with my vegetarian friends as well.

I've started a new knitting project. I couldn't help myself. This one will definitely get finished, though.

No comments: