Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting

Well, now. The summer slowly dwindles. I am both grateful for these last few days at home to rest and collect my thoughts, and quite restless and ready to get on with moving back in at school. House of Leaves is ... ridiculous. I think I like it, but I'm not sure. It's so dense, but it certainly draws you in. I jumped the other night when the phone rang while I was reading.

I miss my sweetheart. He is in Ohio for a funeral and I think about him off and on throughout the day, wishing I could be there too. I feel unusually tired, but I'm trying to stay up because he said he would call.

I've been distracting myself by sorting through all my clothes: washing, mending and packing for school. I finally found the clothes I had stashed in the very back corner of my closet before I left for England. What a long time ago that seems. I have enjoyed the pleasant surprise with which I greet items of clothing I forgot I owned. It's such a treat. On the other hand, some items are a bit shabbier than I realized. Some cuts had to be made.

So the days slip into one another, full of dishes and laundry and milking goats. It's peaceful in its own way and not a bad way to spend the last few days before my life suddenly becomes very, very busy.

No comments: