Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Mystery Grab-Bag Of Life

Life truly is a mixed bag. The mix this past week, however, has been mostly good. Life is starting to ease back into a pattern, classes are becoming more comfortable, acquaintances are being struck up... I've also found that doing volunteer work and planning for the future are both excellent ways to get over, well, lots of things. I'm visiting Guilford college this weekend, and I am unreasonably excited about it. The other cure for the blues is laughing madly at the state of all your affairs with good friends (over coffee or watching football). That, and finding a fifty-dollar sweater on sale at Banana Republic for (drum-roll please) ten dollars.

There have been some awkward hiccups (very awkward). I will never get a handle on this whole boys thing. Ever. I am both a villain and a victim. The best I can hope is that these sublimely awkward moments of rejection will someday fuel my fiction. I am playing this by ear, people. I'd like to apologize to people I may have hurt. But I can't say I've ever gotten an apology from those who hurt me. So, I guess that's life.

But overall, things are good. Can I mention again how much I love English class? William Faulkner = new favorite author (at least when it comes to short stories). So, I keep moving, despite the hiccups. They will always be there, but I have a lot of good stuff going for me right now, and I'm grateful.

3 comments:

Bruce Johnson said...

Glad things are looking up. $10 at Banana Republic???....Kudos.

Anonymous said...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6644015


check it out cuzzz.


ps. update more!

Ivy said...

pretty music cuz. i like it. thanks.