Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hello Year

A new year, a new look. I have tried not to think about the year ahead. Instead I have grasped as hard as possible on the last tendrils of my idleness. That meant not even thinking about work etc. Instead, I watched Die Hard with my family, had a dance-off, went to see Juno with my girlfriends, and ate pork and sauerkraut. (By the way, what do Southerners eat on New Years day?)

But, alas, vacation is slipping away. I have to go back to work tomorrow. (Mixed feelings there. I don't want to go, but I know it's good for me all the same...)
I've also spent almost all my Christmas money on music. Latest acquisitions: Mute Math, Lady Sovereign, Ingrid Michaelson, and Elliot Smith. I expect all of these to ease my passing into the new year. Music has a marvelous way of easing any sharp edges.

More later.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Did you like "Juno"? I am hoping to go see it this weekend with my sisters.

Happy 2008!