Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger. (So They Say)

I sit here with swollen, bruised feet and a mashed up arm, and I wonder if I ever really learn anything. And I don't mean how to conjugate irregular verbs in Spanish, or finding the mean of a sample. I'm pretty good at learning things like that. I just wonder sometimes if I'll ever learn not to do dumb things. Like sparring too hard, just as an example. Sparring to hard, worrying too hard, not being able to say, "no thanks." The only problem is that it's really hard (sometimes) to tell if something is dumb until after you've done it. My feet tonight are a prime example of that. (Tae Kwon Do injuries are always that way, though.) I'll be okay, it's nothing super-serious. But if I could go back...

Sigh.

I think there is something deep here to be learned, but I'm too tired to get at it.

That's all for now. I'm going to go ice down my arm.

1 comment:

Bruce Johnson said...

The lesson is........laziness has its virtues.....