Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bliss

“If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you ... I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.”

-Joseph Campbell

As much as my public speaking class annoys me, it has made me rediscover Joe Campbell at a very opportune moment. Amid confusion and doubt and stress it is good to be reminded of him.

I have accepted that from now until the end of the semester I will get no rest. I am deeply committed to what I am doing (most of it anyway, my history test not so much but that's ok). I am comforted by the fact that if you are committed and hard working and good at what you do, people notice. I didn't realize how much respect I've garnered until this week, and it makes me want to work even harder.

I am also starting to accept my call to adventure (aka London). I am ready to step on that plane and let the stream of life carry me wither it will. If only I could skip the paperwork...

Stress levels are being managed through my Bollywood dance workout dvd, and forcing myself to take the time to cook a good meal every day (even if that means making a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwhich; probably the most intense combination of comfort food ever).

It is both very difficult and very easy to stay in love with someone, lovers or friends. I find sticking around is worth it.

I am fighting with my need to study and siren song of my pillow. I think it is time the pillow won out.

Goodnight all, and pleasant dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "siren song of my pillow" is great, haha! Very nice, I love it. Keep your chin up.