Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Being Alive

Life is never easy, is it? My desires are thwarted and tangled, and I don't know how to seperate myself from them. Every day I walk around in my head, analyzing, and debating, and worrying. Why should I, when I could be watching? Being alive is so beautiful. I realize that every time I wake up in the morning and see the sky. But it's not easy. No, no, no.
I try to say yes, yes, yes to it all. To participate joyfully in the craziness, and ambiguity, and hardship, as well as the kindness and laughter. I am here, and that is enough. I want to walk around with my eyes wide open. I don't want to miss anything because I'm afraid of getting hurt.

I so often fall short of that goal that I sometimes forget about it completely. I end up wanting to know what's going to happen next. But really, that would be boring, wouldn't it?

I am off to face the world again.

No comments: