Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rain, Where ARE You?

I just wish it would rain. I wish it would pour, and drizzle, and sprinkle, and wash away everything. I want to jump past puddles in the parking lot, to see water dripping off the leaves on the trees, to feel a dampness in the air. I want space to breathe. Everything remains so dry, the sun and heat has become as oppressive as lying under a wool blanket in the sun.

Maybe it's my own exhaustion that feeds my dissatisfaction. I feel like a robot. I keep going without thinking about it because I have to. Keep. Going. I have to get through these next few days, even though I am tired and broke. I just wish I could take a nap. (Getting out of bed this morning was a struggle of epic proportions.)

My subconscious keeps buzzing, however, about strange and uncomfortable things. I don't really know how to handle all of it, except to let some things happen as they may, and pursue others as hard as I can. Right now, though, it's time to focus on the next step forward.

1 comment:

Abby said...

DROUGHT. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was onomatopoeia.