Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thank You, Anthropology

Who knew that an Anthropology lecture could trigger such an epiphany as I received today? As the teacher was talking about the laws and social rules that bind our behavior, he made the point that all of this works only because we think it works. We buy into it.

Then I realized that there are people who drive me nuts only because I buy into their whole deal. Then I stopped buying into it, because really it's not what I want.

That was a nice realization. Although, I'm sure I'll be grappling with it all over again soon. Just because I'm like that.

Still. It was a valuable day, if frustrating.

On a totally different note:
It's funny how people can walk into your life and make you see things all anew. I've had someone do that recently... I feel inspired. There's no other word for it. I've started writing heavily again, just because there's so much more there to write about now. Before it was simply my frustration and loneliness. Now, I feel so alive. I'm realizing how much there is out there, how much there is for me to see and do yet. And how much there is for me in places I didn't anticipate.
It's rather thrilling.

No comments: