Friday, October 5, 2007

October

I am watching the leaves begin to change, but the weather remains hot. This Indian Summer is playing with me. It's leaving me confused.
Today it rained while the sun was shining. I looked out the window and saw blue skies on one side, and gray on the other. And it poured. I can't remember the last time it rained that hard. I went outside just to feel it. I had forgotten the sound rain makes on the trees. It sounded so lush after the quiet, dry spell of the past few months. In the end the rain didn't last long, but it was beautiful while it did.

I've been desiring a new journal; one with fresh pages, absent of old memories. I brought out an old one to finish, but I couldn't bring myself to write in it. I want a fresh start.


2 comments:

Stickman said...

supersweet blog.
you're quite interesting!
stop by my blog anytime to say 'allo if you'd like.

Abby said...

Totally know what you mean about the whole new journal thing. I just finished my old one and it was such a blessed relief to begin a new book without any baggage. Hope you are well.