Monday, September 17, 2007

Who Needs Free Drinks?

Today was exceptional for a Monday. So exceptionally nice, that I have to write it down so I can remember it.
First of all, the weather was perfect. Overnight all the humidity seems to have left the air. The morning was crisp, the air was clear, the breeze was cool, and the sun was warm. Perfect. In between classes I layed outside on a bench in the sun, and chatted with a pair of guys about vinegar potato chips, pop, and the weather in Chicago.
Also, when I expressed the desire for a Twix bar during the break in our three-hour English class, a boy bought me one. It was like the vending machine equivalent of not having to buy your own drink when you go out to a bar or something...
Then I went to the bank and deposited a larger-than-usual check and drove home with all the windows down and the stereo just as loud as I wanted.


And I got a 97 on my English paper. Score.

No comments: