Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be Mine?

So, today was a good day. Valentine's Day is never quite that significant to me. It is generally overshadowed by my birthday which is two days after. Also, I've never had anyone to get mad at, or anyone to mad at me, for forgetting about it. I say that without any bitterness or regret or anything like that. I'm too young for either of those. However, I DID get a Valentine's card from one of my young Tae Kwon Do students. That, and some chocolate. I was quite tickled. I'm telling you, this teacher thing rocks like nothing else on some days.

I know I have a crapload of work to do. For some reason, though, it isn't stressing me out. I just feel unreasonably happy. As for being on the fence, I figure I will eventually just lose my balance and fall off onto one side or the other, and that will be that.

So, Happy Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday....
can you believe it?

I remember visiting your mom when you were born and you were this tiny little thing and grandma, lizzie, tommy, cate and i all laid down on your mom's bed with you and had our picture taken...

Aunt Deeda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Can't believe Aunt Deeda beat me to it - well yes I can. She is always one step ahead of me. Well I will be thinking about you all day...and will try to call you. I have been a bit out of the loop, but reading your blog...and loved your post to pullupachair. I have a wonderful picture of you in your dad's arms in a wooden frame with a little bird carved in the top. You are much loved dear Ivy. Blessings on your day. Expect a package in the next week or so. love Chicago Ant.

Ivy said...

Much thanks to you both for the loving birthday wishes. I miss you.