Wednesday, February 6, 2008

its just my heart gets rejected by my veins

I am taking a study break. A strategic break from the studying I put off until tonight. I could have done it earlier, but my self-discipline has been weak these recent days. It has been unreasonably warm. Yesterday I sat in my car in the middle of the school parking lot with the windows down, just lounging in the warmth. Weather in the South really is friendly, and I think that has something to do with this Southern politeness... 70 degrees and sunny made me feel sleepy, and dreamy. It felt like spring. Dreamy is good, because it beats worrying and over-analyzing. Two things I seem to do no matter how hard I try not to. I don't understand much, really, but I keep trying anyway. Don't know why.

I made the Dean's List, though. So, I suppose I understand a few things.

Today was a day that could not decide if it wanted to shine or storm. I like days like that, and I like how intensely detailed nature seems after a good soaking. I am witness to so much, and I just keep feeling that it is all part of a big, confusing, beautiful puzzle... if I could only get the pieces to go together. I also feel we're all doomed never to grasp the whole picture, but there you go.

*rilo kiley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if weather was based on politeness, ohioans must be pretty mean.

actually, it has been stormy the past couple of days and that is a lot like spring. so i am happy about that.

i love you! i might be going down to south carolina (fripp island) for my spring break. maybe you could come for a day or two?

Ivy said...

it's not that northerners are meaner or nicer... they are generally just a little bit more abrupt...

spring break is coming up, isn't it? email me!