Friday, February 22, 2008

Astonishment

I think that the world may have just rotated right off it's axis this past week. Or maybe it was the lunar eclipse stirring things up. The slightest breeze could knock me down right now. But I can't stop smiling. Also: I am not second guessing myself, which is so... new.
What I really think is that God likes to smack me upside the head once and a while, generally when I least expect it and most need it. "See?" he seems to be saying, "here is what you wanted. And it was right under your nose the whole time."

I can't really explain. But the moral of the story is: good things come from the most unexpected places (and people).

Today is a soggy, soggy day. I like the rain though. It is at the very least good for keeping me inside to write papers. And hopefully not to take accidental naps...

"Don't worry. We'll just go back to Victoria's Secret after Lent."
-Rachel
(Because we are pious girls like that, Rachel and I...)

1 comment:

c.hump said...

you know what is so weird about this entry? i could have written it on friday afternoon as well!

i had the most amazing thing happen to me on thursday night and i couldn't stop smiling. and it was exactly as though god was like, ohhh, you want this? here you go!

and thats the best feeling. hopefully this luck, or juju, or whatever! sticks around for a while.

i'll email details.....