Sunday, January 17, 2010

Of Parks and Puppies

Today the weather was quite fine, sunny and much warmer than it has been. I and a few of my flatmates jumped on the opportunity and wandered around Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens all afternoon. It was beautiful.


I am quite in love with the park, and I anticipate many happy hours there, especially once the weather gets warmer. In Hyde Park, all the dogs are allowed to run off their leashes. Londoners come to give their dogs a run, and the park was full of delirious dogs running around after tennis balls and sticks. The dogs will not come up to you though, which is very interesting to me. At home I always worry about being approached by strange dogs; here, they trot right by without even looking at you.


I am rather glad the snow is gone; I like to see everything green outside after I have been shut up with various ailments. Walking restored more of my good spirits, and I am looking forward to this week. I hope to get out and do some more exploring on my own (I find the only cure for missing certain people is to increase my solitude; funny, isn't it?), and I hope to join the knitting group that meets at a nearby college. I think think of no better way of crossing cultural boundaries than through needlework.

I have been scheming over my spring break as well. Here is the plan: Go to Tuscany. Rent a bike. Ride around, and eat Italian food. Good plan, no?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great plan! Take pictures of your food, haha! And the knitting club sounds fantastic. It will be a great way to connect with new people. <3

Anonymous said...

good plan...yes. Florence is awesome.

chicago (italian) ant.

Abbey said...

Yay to Italy and Hyde Park :)

greer said...

yes, come visit. good plan :)

Bruce Johnson said...

I wonder if the dogs in England are different because their owners aren't as stuck up and nosey.

Jack said...

Sounds like a steller plan